Thursday, October 02, 2014

SISTERHOOD

Charis and Eden in the bathroom right before bed. They were brushing their teeth. Charis spotted a fly.

I was listening from the bedroom to the following conversation:

Charis: (Everything said in a very dramatic, commanding tone). "Eden, hand me the swy water (fly swatter)!"

Charis: "Eden!! The swy water! The swy water! Quick! Hand me the swy water!"

Eden: "Oh, here go."

Charis: "Ok, now turn the light off."

Charis: "Eden turn the light off!"

Eden: "Me can't weetch (reach) it!"

Charis: "Ok, me help you. Ok. Now. Where that fly go?"


Sometimes Charis' blonde nature just runs a bit deep. I'm not sure what the logic was behind turning the lights off before killing the fly but . . . it was good for a laugh anyhow.

I'm grateful for these girls being so close in age and interests. Watching them play dolls together is just grand.



1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my! I can hear their little voices now! You have a big responsibility with so many little ones and I know every day is pretty exhausting for you, but you are so blessed and "rich" beyond belief! Keep up the good work of discipling those little soldiers!