Friday, June 20, 2014

Of Climbing Trees and Taking Thoughts Captive

"Can you help me climb this tree Mommy so that I can pretend to be Zacchaeus?"
 
I think that the term "walk in the park" takes on a new meaning when you are walking a four, three, two and one year old through the park. :-) We have fun. But yeah, even the fun is kind of labor intensive right now.
 
 
An internal war
A war in my mind
As temptation sways before me
To just dwell
Dwell in the memories of hurtfulness
Just try to reason through it and figure it out once again
 
Perhaps just to ensure you are not played the fool
Perhaps because doing battle in the mind takes so much energy
Energy that I do not have after long days, long nights, and small children
 
No, I am not able
But He is.
 
And there He sits beside me in the battle
Asking me to fight
And I begin to explain to Him how weak I am
And how I need Him
 
And so we fight together through the long hours that lie ahead
Satan gains no foothold
He has been held back again
 
Those things that are lovey
Those things that are worthy of praise
Those things that are honorable
We fight to dwell in that place
 
I push aside the thoughts that scream for my attention
He speaks the truth to me
The truth of His word
And then I sore over that pit
Because Yahwey lifted me in His strength
 
 
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17
 




No comments: