Wednesday, November 11, 2015

God Has Heard


The argument I heard the other morning between two children. 
Child #1: "I just love my baby."
Child #2: "He's not your baby! He's my baby."
Child #1: "No, I'm the one who prayed for him. He's my baby. If you want your own baby you can start praying and have the next one, but Simon is my baby." 

*Mother's thoughts . . . Oh please, Lord, let child#2 forget to pray for that for just a little while. I still remember pregnancy and birth a little too freshly just now." :-) 

There are the realities of pain and of bodies being just a little more than marred and of course, the good old fashion tired. But then there is life. A soul. One created for the glory of a loving God. Somehow the marred body, the pain, the tired . . . it's just a symbol of what is necessary to give life. And now, if I can only master the fine art of leaving the house and seeing the sky more than once a week I don't think that I will feel so very unsettled in this new season of having an infant again.



My sweet and nurturing Eden. The novelty of a new baby does not ware off for her. She still asks to hold Simon multiple times a day. 


Charis was feeling so helpful this morning. She was allowed to hold Simon while standing up because I needed a hand while putting out some fires with a 2 year old and making breakfast. She was beaming from ear to ear. Oh the love of growing up and being needed! :-) 


This is child#1. I think we need to review the fact that what God gives us is not to be horded. ;-) But yes, my Zeke did pray earnestly for a brother and the Lord said "yes" to him. 


The biggest blessing this side of heaven is to be blessed in marriage to a man who wants to please Jesus. It just doesn't get better than being this man's wife. 


Holding sleeping babies is grand, though I think that Simon prefers his bed over my arms. That's a blessing too because my arms are usually busy while he sleeps. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a sweet baby Simon is! Thank you Zeke for praying for a brother and thank you God for answering his prayer!

kasthuri rengan said...

cute babies
nice insights..

start writing more ..