Thursday, November 09, 2006

Make me one with You

Lord, I can talk the talk
I can be the be
I can feel so wise
Like some sort of entity

Yet we are not one
My thoughts often wander from You
They travel to my own little world
Far from what you would have me to do

I feel like a newly married bride
Still with a life of my own
I don’t want to keep on traveling
On this easy, lonely, road

I do not want to have a thought that is not held by You
I do not want to live a life that can brush You off for lack of time
I do not want to be anything apart from You alone
I want to die completely and live my life in You – my all
I do not want to have a dream that is not from Your hand
I do not want to run this race unless You make me stand

Make me one with You
I want You to be my everything
Not one aspect – my entire life
Take all else, I am Yours
You are mine – my all-sufficient God

1 comment:

Becca-Boo said...

I only have one word for that.
AMAZING!!
Oh by the way, I decided that I've been on my Saving Great words for God long enough. It's been like 4 months since I started and it's been pretty good but I've wanted to comment on some things that I couldn't because of my commitement. But anyway, your blog always helps me in my everyday life.